Wednesday, July 21, 2004

94 degrees.

And the airconditioning won't flow up Hill. At Hill Health the air is broken. (At SCRC, the detox center, the sky is falling, financialy, mentaly and perpetually.) A muggy day, the sky hugs as you walk down the street. It's the hot dog days of summer. Everything is humid and near. The air wraps its arms around and holds you close so atmosphere can suffocate you as it covers your breath. Of course the air conditionning would break and so some tempers break too. A community health center, who knows when climate readjustment will return. After the usual ice age of the office, I'm happy in the tropics.

My supervisor's supervisor just asked me to go to the liquor store. I wanted to explain that there's not much I can buy there. He held up a white rock can of cola. The federal inspector wants a diet coke. This isn't up to her standards, he smirked. Guess the government's gotta conform to name brands from Coke to Haliburton.