Friday, July 23, 2004

I'm eating burritos and blueberries

and blues, Coltrane, alone in the kitchen past midnight. Quynh's gone fast to sleep after pulling an all nighter working on her lab last night. I slept for most of it after I got home at 2 from drinking pink foamy watermelon, listening to Jewel, Sade, Sarah McLachlin, the Goo goo dolls, gossip and horoscopes out of sex crazed magazines. Girls night in, at Cynthia and Becca's from eight till we couldn't stand the sight of pink or couldn't keep our eyes open to see it. We played tabboo and screamed. Romina was the best, Brazillian playing with the handicap of English and getting so excited, swearing and gesticulating furiously every word. We ended watching an Ideal Husband, and while I love Wilde he's really not girly. (He is the man that wrote men represent the triumph of mind over morals and women the triumph of matter over mind.) But I forgot how witty that man in the purple velvet bloomers blooming was. I'm talking about nothing but enjoying it, it is the only subject I know anything about. Or like Lloyd says, some people think they know, but they don't know. At least I know I don't know. The beauty behind the idea of agnostic. What said Jordan the only former mormon I know, besides Ken Jennings a constant friend in my life but whom I'm always in Jeopardy of losing. From Mormon upbringing to put down questions, tonight he believes in maybe, in doubt, in acceptance of ignorance. This conversation took place at a high table at the Yale cabaret, fellows night. Jordan drank lots of wine our director Reggie gave us and explained how his family went from seven, five mormon kids, two mormon mom and dad parents to eight with three parents, two lesbians, and only one mormon left of the bunch. The waitor who came intermittantly to this mix was a Yale soon to be soph soccer star turned actor, waiting tables ain't so bad. Handsome and cool, one of those we know lots about but he's no clue who I am except that I exist and well tonight in a backless white shirt and have no objection to him reaching across me to clear plates. I didn't eat, just drooled. And after the food. We saw 10 new plays. The actual drama was some quite good some too existentialist even for me. My favorite was of course the one where the mathlete nerds have to solve absurdist algebra problems for their lives and one (with the aid of an off stage water gun) wets his pants, repeatedly. It was soo good I almost peed myself. The wine, the waitor and the plays made me giddy happy. Want to act stories to connect but there was too little 4th wall, too much albee for my tastes as times. But so much world to eat and drink and invent. And so many morals to learn and forget in the joy. Have I mentionned recently how much I love this summer.