Monday, September 20, 2004

I'm playing Wonder Woman today.

It's mostly the boots. They have fringes. And the skirt. And having superpowers that aren't just streaking through my hair. In the three in the morning dark, I figured out a budget for chemicals and paper to get the Stiles darkroom running. Woke running the Hill and down past Prospect street. Came home in the chilly morning, past-seven sunlight, showered, trekked back up the hill for orgo lecture. Went to physics, grabbed a bite twelve stories over the summit of Science Hill at tip top of Kline Tower, and jumped down into lab where I slipped into my secret identity, my alter super hero alias, orgo heroine, complete with long lab coat and glasses. No, I didn't synthesize heroine, but my reaction was pretty super powerful. 82 percent yield for my Fischer Esterification. My own epic victory in a long drawn out battle where getting any resolution to the solute in solution is not guaranteed. Left lab four hours later and sailed down the hill home. Dined, dropped by the Yale Daily News, brought Veronica a slice of birthday cake with lit candles, went to the Stiles College Council, got my budget approved and got giddy, not on the chemicals, but on knowing I'll have my very own darkroom. Now one problem set almost down, one to go, and then re-reading a Knight's Tale. I think I'm even happier than if I found Heath Ledger somewhere in it.