Sunday, September 26, 2004

When I wake up early in the morning

Lift my head, I’m still yawning. When I’m in the middle of a dream, I get up, tip toe, try not to wake roommates, walk off and float upstream. Amazing how there’s no one up on Sunday morning except for crew. Stage crew, load-in for Our Lady. The cast showed up too and it took no time to move everything from the shop to the Yale Rep. It’s a perfect day. Best blue sky, green tree left-overs from summer picnics, and sun-washed stone speaking of a clean new year. Double new year. After dawn, the campus looks like the wrappings have just been torn off. It’s woken to find itself brand new and as it ever was. I’m giddy. Got gift of good friends, people who give the best of yourself, or who you want to be, back to you. Thank you, said a lucky girl. I got Paris, Lloyd Dobbler (on a Say Anything tee-shirt), and a new toy to take the world with, an Elph digital camera with SD, me, memory. So excited by this small silver box. Might neglect, be blind to everything that’s not world out the window of my Canon camera. Going to fire it and then blaze through ages of reading.