Monday, January 03, 2005

Incredulous

Seema and Ben dragged me to The Incredibles. And it was. Couldn't believe it. My skepticism was misplaced. They were right. I was wrong. My Favorite Person in the Whole World came too. Haven't enjoyed an action movie so much. Ever. Just one thing. Not sure about the message movie's selling this year. I partly agree. I don't want to learn to champion mediocrity. Gone to HM too long, privileged from elitism too much to not enjoy it. But psychotic Syndrome says, "If everyone's special, than no one will be." Don't agree. Wasn't fed Mr. Rogers for nothing. If everyone were special, it'd be like Yale. Where most people seem special either due to certain strokes of intelligence, or how fast they can run, or, unfortunately, because of who their parents are. But everyone's got, at least, that one talent which is death to hide. And it isn't lodg'd with me useless because in talented company. Quite the reverse. In an ideal world, it's not a paradox but a tautology. Or a conditional in this one. If everyone were special, every one would be special.

Separately. Sad story. My phone died on New Year's Eve. The wake will be Tuesday. After braving many waves of crashes, finally the screen's sunk into the dark depths. Memory is lost. Send me your cells, homes soon. Thanks.