Monday, March 28, 2005

be hives

Always thought I internalized stress, stomached my conscience and got indigestion from doubts. But between the blog and being covered in hives, seem to be externalizing anguish lately. My skin is a flag waving what refuses to stay beneath the surface. Face free but fickle, freckled, my hands, arms, legs and back bear bumps small and angry. Boo.

But brighter, happier news: we got first pick in the housing lottery. First in the room draw for juniors, Katie, Erin and I get almost any singles we want. Space, location, light, view, distance from the dumpster, all our choice. Feeling over lucky. Happen to know the guys who got first pick. One is on Stiles College Council, the other is well-liked by dog-pee dean. They knew before the "lottery" they'd have first pick of the boys' lots. Don't know what we've done to deserve this. We don't like the dean and she doesn't particularly like us, we're not boys. Guess I'll have to stop calling her dog-pee dean.